Controls in Italy: now available the ICQRF 2019 Operational Activity Report (IT)

14/02/2020
News

The 2019 operational activity report of the Central Inspectorate for Repression of Fraud (ICQRF, a branch of the Italian Ministry of Agriculture) now published includes the detail of the activity carried out by the Inspectorate against fraud and counterfeiting to the detriment of “Made in Italy” and of Italian consumers, as well as the fight against agri-food crime.

The data confirm the ICQRF as the main Italian anti-fraud Authority in the agri-food sector and at the top at world level for the number of checks in a large number of productions (like wine, olive oil, organic sector, cheeses). 55 thousand checks, 513 interventions outside national borders and on the web. Over 390 reports of crime, about 72 million kg of goods seized for a value of over 301 million euros. "The operating results reported confirm the efficiency, quality of work and passion by ICQRF women and men working for a constant protection of Italian agri-food production, the work of millions of Italian producers and citizens", underlined the Minister of Agriculture Ms Bellanova. "I thank the ICQRF for its daily commitment to safeguarding authentic ‘Made in Italy’. We have a control system that is among the best in the world and this is the fundamental work of our Authority for the fight against fraud and quality protection. To support ‘Made in Italy’ on our tables and on international markets, the quality of our products and our food, safety and environmental protection, the alliance with consumers is essential. We shall continue to fight illegality and counterfeiting, to increasingly support and enhance our PDO, PGI and TSG products, in Italy, abroad and on the web, and prevent that counterfeit and harmful products arrive on store shelves and on consumer tables, in Italy and everywhere, rather than well recognized and identifiable products, thanks to the correct labeling and traceability ", concluded Ms Teresa Bellanova.

THE REPORT AT A GLANCE

The 2019 operating results confirm the quality of the Italian control system and the positioning of ICQRF among the main anti-fraud authorities in the food at global level. There were 55,539 anti-fraud checks, of which 41,462 inspection and 14,077 analytical controls. The operators inspected were 27,683 and the products 51,289.

The irregularities concerned 17.5% of the operators and 11.4% of the products, while 10% of the samples analyzed were irregular.

ICQRF was also the protagonist, in 2019, of the most relevant judicial police operations aimed at contrasting criminal behavior in the agri-food sector:

395 crime reports and 4,446 administrative disputes (+ 6%), and 2,034 warnings issued to operators;

about 72 million kg of goods seized for a value of seizures of over 301 million euro;

513 interventions outside national borders and on the web to protect the ‘Made in Italy’ agri-food sector.

At international level and on the web, as an ex officio Authority for PDO / PGI products and as EU contact body for Italy in the wine sector, ICQRF activated, in 2019, 513 interventions.

On the web, in particular, thanks to the continuous cooperation with the three web market places, Alibaba, Amazon and Ebay, ICQRF activated 340 interventions to protect Italian food productions.

Controls concerned food products for 88% of the total inspections, and technical means for agriculture for the remaining 12% (feed, fertilizers, seeds, plant protection products).

With reference to the individual agri-food sectors, 18,179 controls involved the wine sector, 6,875 olive oil, 5,434 dairy sector, 4,117 fruit and vegetables, 3,542 vegetable preserves, 2,831 cereals and derivatives, 2,588 meat sector, 1,180 honey , 596 eggs, 517 alcoholic beverages, 391 sugary substances and 2,767 other sectors.

Controls, both inspection and analytical, on technical means in agriculture reached 6,522.

Finally, ICQRF is confirmed as a public authority that carries out the largest number of anti-fraud checks in the world on wine and olive oil.

 

The 2019 ICQRF Activity Report

Source: Mipaaf Press Office

Controlli:

Parole chiave: